Riparian Hydrology Expert (PO2) (Re-announcement)
|Consultant Type||Individual Consultant|
|Work Location:||Regional Flood and Drought Management Centre (RFDMC), Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Division/Office:||Technical Support Division|
|Duration/Contract type:||1 year / Service Contract|
|Date Posted:||23 August 2021|
|Closing Date:||17 September 2021|
|Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam are eligible to apply.|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master or higher degree(s) in hydrology, hydro-informatics or related relevant discipline with at least 15 years of work experience.
- Excellent knowledge and professional experience on flood mapping, remote sensing and hydraulic modelling is strongly required.
- Demonstrated skills in project/programme management (project planning, coordination, report writing) is a must.
- Previous experience in the Mekong basin, preferably working with or for the MRC
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Working knowledge of one more riparian language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a must.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3WZSX3Q. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.