Riparian Meteorology and Climatology Expert
|Consultant Type||Individual Consultant|
|Work Location:||Regional Flood and Drought Management Centre (RFDMC), Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Division/Office:||Technical Support Division|
|Duration/Contract type:||1 year / Service Contract|
|Date Posted:||9 July 2021|
|Closing Date:||30 July 2021|
|Only nationals of Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam are eligible to apply.|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master or higher degree(s) in meteorology, climatology, or related relevant discipline with at least 10 years of work experience.
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in forecasting weather conditions, recording and analysing data from worldwide weather stations, satellites, radars and remote sensing is strongly required.
- Additional experience in the use and improvement of climate predictions and numerical weather models employing mathematical and physical formulae is required.
- Knowledge and experience on flood and drought forecasts and hydrology is an advantage.
- Previous experience in the Mekong basin, preferably working with or for the Mekong River Commission.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Working knowledge of one more riparian language is an advantage.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a must.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3RKC5QP. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.
Cambodia National Mekong Committee
Address: No. 576, National Road No. 2, Sangkat Chak Angre Krom, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh 12353, Cambodia
Tel. +855-23-216514 Fax. +855-23-218 506
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Lao National Mekong Committee
Address: Khunbulom Road, Chantabouly District, Vientiane
Tel. +856-21-260983 Fax. +856-21-260984
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Thai National Mekong Committee
Address: Office of the National Water Resources
Juthamard Building, 89/168-170 Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Bangkok 10210
Tel. +66-2-5541800 ext. 1392
Viet Nam National Mekong Committee
Address: 23 Hang Tre, Ha Noi, Viet Nam