|Consultant Type:||Individual Consultant|
|Division:||Office of Chief Executive Officer|
|Duration/Contract type:||25 days/Special Service Agreement|
|Closing Date for Applications:||14 March 2021 (Previous applicants do not need to re-apply)|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A master’s degree in communications, public relations, media, journalism or social sciences. A bachelor’s degree with two more years of relevant professional experiences is accepted in lieu of the graduate degree
- A minimum of five years of solid experience in the communications field
- Proficiency in writing and editing for external communications
- Native speaker of English with an excellent command of the English language
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex information for public dissemination
- Work experience in governmental, inter-governmental, and/or international organisations preferred. A previous work experience with the MRC is a plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of natural resources management and environmental awareness is desirable
- Good understanding of the Mekong River basin’s socio-economic, political and environmental contexts
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5KJMZ99. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.
Previous applicants DO NOT need to re-submit their applications.
Mekong River Commission Secretatriat Contacts
Mekong River Commission Secretariat (MRCS)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road Ban Sithane Neua, Sikhottabong District,
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR.
Tel: +856 (0) 21 263 263
Fax: +856 (0) 21 263 264
MRC Regional Flood and Drought Management Centre (RFDMC)
P.O. Box 623, 576 National
Road # 2, Sangkat Chak Angre Krom, Khan Menachey,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: +855 (0) 23 425 353,
Fax: +855 (0) 23 425 363