Re-announcement, Consultant for Regional Study on Salinity Intrusion at the Delta and Three Habitat Conditions
|Consultant Type:||Individual Consultant|
|Work Location:||Home-based in each own MC with possible travel to MRC Secretariat|
|Division:||Environmental Management Division|
|Duration/Contract type:||50 days / Special Service Agreement|
|Closing Date for Applications:||8 April 2021|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (Master/Doctoral degrees or equivalent minimum) in Environmental Remote Sensing and Geospatial Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Environmental Geographic Information Sciences, Geoinformation Sciences, Environmental Geomatics, GIS and Remote Sensing with focus on Environmental Monitoring and Management, or related fields;
- Minimum 10 years experiences working in the field of environmental spatial analysis, remote sensing, and advanced environmental monitoring and management with remote sensing with proven experience in the LMB region (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam) or internationally, preferably on both practical field experiences and academic research;
- Extensive experience in preparing technical and research paper, document, report, guidelines, and standard operation procedures relating to the monitoring of environmental indicators including instream habitats and salinity levels.
- Experience in preparing documents/materials and participating in meetings and/or conferences with multilingual attendees;
- Experience with and good knowledge of the Mekong riparian countries or similar tropical regions;
- Experience in working in a multicultural and international multiple partner environment;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively shared position in a Mekong or/and Southeast Asia institution and cultural context;
- Fluent in English, verbal and written and strong analytical skills; and
- Compliance with all MRC’s Rules and Regulation Regarding Consultancy Management and Contract Monitoring and Closure.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JN7GXJL. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.