Search Engine Optimisation, Database Platform Development, and Information System Integration Expert
|Consultant Type:||Individual Consultant|
|Work location:||Home-based and, and if required, at the MRC Secretariat, Vientiane|
|Division:||Office of Chief Executive Officer|
|Duration/Contract type:||100 days / Framework Contract|
|Closing Date for Applications:||22 March 2021|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A postgraduate degree (or a bachelor’s degree with two additional years of practical working experience) in computer science or a related field
- Proven work experience in developing websites for international organisations, with specific reference to river basin or knowledge-based organisations preferable
- Proven knowledge of socio-economic data and information management, demonstrated through database design, and information system building and management
- Solid technical skills in web development frameworks (MVC)/platforms
- A solid work experience in indexing with a concrete understanding on how Google Scholar works and how publications should be organised in a way Google Scholar can recognise
- A minimum of 7 years’ professional experience in the website development and management
- Proven work experience within Southeast Asia, and/or a solid knowledge of the region’s social, economic, cultural and political structures an asset
- Knowledge of natural resources management/environmental awareness in the communication context is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Good sense of initiative and sound judgment
- Excellent command of the English language is required
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV and (iii) a Personal History Form by registering at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5M3LKLC. The position title and Division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers a challenging job with an attractive compensation package.