||MRC Secretariat, Vientiane, Lao PDR
||Office of the CEO
|Contract type / Duration:
||10 months / Service Contract
Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Coordinate with the EU on the project, funding, progress and expenditures;
- Prepare necessary reports and notes relating to the project as required by the EU and MRC;
- Support the coordination and communication with MRC’s partners;
- Support the organization of events, meetings, visits and workshops relates to MRC’s cooperation with partners;
- Support the organization of stakeholder engagement and communication events;
- Support the preparation of MRC’s progress reports including Mid-Year Report (MYR) and Annual Report (AR) and other communication products;
- Support the annual work planning process including ensuring inclusion and progress of EU-funded activities;
- Perform other related tasks assigned by the Chief Strategy & Partnership Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in social sciences including political science, economics, public policy, public relations, communications or other related field. In lieu of the Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying professional experience may be considered;
- 7 years of practical working experience in coordination, project management, communications, and external relations required;
- Work experience with international organisations preferred;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills preferred;
- Strong English writing and verbal skills preferred.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference and MRC Personal History Form here or on the top right corner of this page. The MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, (iii) online MRC Personal History Form, and (IV) financial proposal. The position title/Division must be indicated in the cover letter.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
MRC Secretariat in Vientiane
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Closing date for applications: 22 February 2019