International Consultant (Individual)
Special Service Agreement
70 working days from March to October 2015
Home based and Office of MRC Secretariat in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Agriculture and Irrigation Programme, Operations Division (OPD)
- Baseline assessment of crops (rice and maize), fisheries and livestock productions and import/export food;
- Qualitative or quantitative (depending on data availability) assessment of fisheries and livestock productions under future climate change;
- Import/export food assessment in the future (if possible). If not, assuming to keep current situations;
- Quantitative assessment of crops production under future climate projections;
- Basin-wide assessment of food nutrient demand;
- Basin-wide assessment of food nutrient balance under climate change projections;
- Basin-wide identification of vulnerable areas and communities;
- Based on the results of vulnerability, identifying/proposing adaptation options to the impacts climate change for the whole basin;
- Draw out and analyse lessons learned and experiences to enhance knowledge, understanding and capacity;
The application should include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (ii) a detailed CV, and (iii) MRC Personal History Form. The position title and section/division must be indicated in the cover letter.
16 January 2015 extended to 30 January 2015
The Terms of Reference can be downloaded from the download box. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application should be sent to:
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Ban Sithane Neua, Sikhottabong District,
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR.
Tel: (856) 21 263 263