||Home-based with possible travel to MRC Secretariat and MRC Member
||Environmental Management Division
||32 working days / Special Service Agreement
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc or M.Sc. in Information Technology/Management System or related fields plus at least five-year experience in database designs with an international or regional organization especially with MRC Secretariat;
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Yii and Angular;
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP;
- Understanding of MVC design patterns;
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management;
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements;
- Good knowledge of object oriented PHP programming;
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages;
- Be able to migrate existing desktop databases (MS ACCESS) into MySQL database;
- Strong knowledge of Mekong fisheries and MRC fisheries databases is a plus;
- Availability to undertake the assignment in the time period specified; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a detailed CV and (ii) a Personal History Form by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DatabaseExpert. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Mekong River Commission
Office of the Secretariat in Vientiane (OSV)
P.O. Box 6101, 184 Fa Ngoum Road
Vientiane 01000, Lao PDR
Closing date for applications: 2 October 2020